- The average child will take its first steps around 13-17 months - but between 10 and 18 months falls within the “normal” range.
- During the first year of a child’s life their feet grow rapidly, reaching almost half their adult size. By 12, a child’s foot is about 90 per cent of its adult length.
- When walking, each time your heel lifts off the ground it forces the toes to carry one half of your body weight.
- It’s rare that two feet are exactly the same; one of them is often larger than the other.
- In a pair of feet, there are 250,000 sweat glands.
Posted By Integrative Foot & Ankle Centers of Washington