A Guide for Seniors
Are you or your close one at risk for falling?
- Have you fallen in the past?
- Do you have arthritis in your feet or ankles?
- Do your legs or ankles feel weak or unsteady?
- Do you drag your feet, stumble or shuffle when walking?
- Do you find it necessary to grasp stationary objects, like walls / furniture / rails, to gain balance when walking?
If you answer “Yes” to any of the above questions, you may have a balance that could be improved with the use of the Moore Balance Brace. The Moore Balance Brace (MBB) addresses muscle weakness and gait instability to help reduce the risk of falls. The Moore Balance Brace is a prescribed, custom-made ankle foot orthosis (AFO) often worn as a pair that is designed to fit easily into shoe.
The MBB is covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare, when used to treat conditions associated with risk factors for falls. It is part of a long-term solution to be used in combination with a Fall Prevention Strength Training Program, which may include physical and occupational therapy, environmental changes in the home and a review of current medications.
- Stabilizes the foot in the presence of weakness and fatigue
- Stimulates skin receptors providing feedback to the brain
- Provides ankle support, improving balance and helps avoid falls by reducing postural sway
- Improves foot clearance reducing the risk of tripping
- Easy to put on and remove
- Exceptionally light-weight
The only balance brace clinically proven to reduce postural sway and increase postural stability.
Taking care of your feet is important to your overall health. Be sure to see a podiatrist at the Integrative Foot & Ankle Centers of Washington located in Kirkland, Everett and Renton.
For treatment contact our foot experts at one of our Kirkland, Everett OR Renton Locations. Call (425) 678-3877 or visit our contact page to get in touch.