Looking for a good athletic shoe
- A good athletic shoe should not flex through the arch, it should not be able to be easily twisted and it should have a stable heel counter.
- Athletic shoes no matter the brand are typically separated into three categories: Neutral, Support, and Motion Control.
- If you have a high arch, you will benefit from a neutral type athletic shoe.
- If you have an average to slightly pronated foot type, you will benefit from a support type athletic shoe.
- If you have a flat foot, you will benefit from a motion control athletic shoe.
- Athletic shoes wear out after about 500 miles so make sure your shoes aren’t getting too old.